BFHModsBFHeroes 42
RSS

Get Adobe Flash player

Forum moderator: McFluff, Dutchassasin  
Forum » Battlefield heroes » General Chat » Battlefield Heroes'42 (A total conversion mod that ports BFHeroes to BF1942!!)
Battlefield Heroes'42
Apache_ThunderDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-15, 11:47 PM | Message # 31
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Administrators
Awards: 0
Well to make it look more authentic. However the level bar at this point in time has no function other then cosmetic. biggrin

Though right now it does change to a national face when the player is on National team and to a royal face when on the Royal team. The face it self will likely not change at all with the player appearance. That's not something BF1942 can do at this point. :P

I may at one point try and tie it to the score of the player so that it fills up as the player makes kills/increases score. I haven't yet found where the game loads those variables. :P

ConormanDate: Wednesday, 2010-06-16, 8:43 AM | Message # 32
Sergeant
Group: Users
How can you play online?

Apache_ThunderDate: Saturday, 2010-06-19, 9:55 PM | Message # 33
Lieutenant colonel
Same way you do with any BF1942 mod. wink

Added (2010-06-19, 9:55 PM)
---------------------------------------------
New lighting for night maps:

I finally managed to make a whole new custom Pallete.pal file for the lightmaps for the statics. What I did was to create a new gradient in Gimp (free equivalent of Photoshop). I used black as the starting color and the terrain sun color as defined in the real map as the base color it uses in the gradient. So it fades from black on one side of the image to a light bluish color like the map does with the real game. I then saved that as a indexed 256 color BMP. Then used IrfanView to export the palette. The resulting pallete file is not a version compatible with the game, so I used another app called PaletteMaker to open and resave as a RIFF format Palette.

Voila! I got me some bluish tinted statics just at the level as it appears in the real game!

I then applied a 40% color tint to the leaf/undergrowth textures and a 20% tint to the detail texture to make the terrain match up with the lighting. Then applied some lighting changes to the init.con file of the map and that is the result. biggrin

Opinions? I think it looks closer to the game, but need some opinions on it as I have not made a final decision on if to include this in v1.8 on all the night maps. I also made a day map version of the palette.pal file taken from the light settings from a day map in the real game and plan to alter how the day maps are lighted too.

As far as I can tell very little to no mods actually have custom Palette files for the lightmaps. (they all just used some from exiting vanilla maps as far as I can tell)

The process to make a custom palette file is a bit complicated though as I couldn't find a app dedicated to exporting the palettes from BMP files. sad So I had to involve two apps plus Gimp to make a new palette file.

McFluffDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-22, 12:46 PM | Message # 34
Lieutenant colonel
Awards: 1
The light looks nice, but the car's lights should look different.But overall i think that you should include it.

Apache_ThunderDate: Thursday, 2010-07-08, 6:30 AM | Message # 35
Lieutenant colonel
The original car light meshes in BFheroes didn't come out right in BF42 so I had to make my own. Same with the lighthouse light cone too. sad

Added (2010-07-08, 6:30 Am)
---------------------------------------------
v1.8 released. Read more about it here:

http://bfh42.ucoz.com/forum/2-1-1#1

Also updated news post on main site:

http://bfh42.ucoz.com/

wink

b00stedDate: Friday, 2010-07-09, 8:43 PM | Message # 36
Private
your mod alone is what made me have to register.. thius is bad ass and keep up the good work man

Apache_ThunderDate: Saturday, 2010-07-17, 8:28 AM | Message # 37
Lieutenant colonel
Thanks!

Here is some WIP renders hot from 3DS Max. I am currently working on a Night Storm version of Victory Village. Since EA never bothered to make VV a night map, I made a night conversion my self. Only this time it will have dark clouds and rain and will be my darkest night map yes. biggrin

Here's the renders. (click to enlarge)

I already have the clouds and weather FX on the map. I now just need to generate the final lightmap files and insert them into the map among a few other small tweaks. It should come out quite nicely. biggrin

Message edited by Apache_Thunder - Saturday, 2010-07-17, 8:30 AM

SwiftGreenDate: Saturday, 2010-07-17, 5:03 PM | Message # 38
Sergeant
Put some sound in for the rain smile

Apache_ThunderDate: Saturday, 2010-07-17, 8:53 PM | Message # 39
Lieutenant colonel
Ambient sound for storm/rain is already in. biggrin

SwiftGreenDate: Sunday, 2010-07-18, 2:00 AM | Message # 40
Sergeant
Oh, Great Job.
Since i have limited internet ill download `42 at the end of the month biggrin I just hope u will have CC Night in by then..:?:

Apache_ThunderDate: Sunday, 2010-07-18, 9:49 AM | Message # 41
Lieutenant colonel
CC Night? That map already has a night version. :P Unless you meant to type VV night. :P

Pretty much done with the map. Will be ready for the next release once they release Woodlands. I plan to release the next version that will include this map and the new woodlands map that Dice will eventually release to the live game.

Message edited by Apache_Thunder - Sunday, 2010-07-18, 10:11 AM

McFluffDate: Sunday, 2010-07-18, 11:48 AM | Message # 42
Lieutenant colonel
Awards: 1
VV Looks really awesome, good job happy

SwiftGreenDate: Sunday, 2010-07-18, 2:48 PM | Message # 43
Sergeant
1. I mean VV night,
2. You just made a world record of saying "release" the most times,
3. cant wait till woodlands gets "released"

maliDate: Sunday, 2010-07-18, 10:02 PM | Message # 44
Sergeant
Nice work, only one thing, the trees look too bright for a night map smile

Apache_ThunderDate: Monday, 2010-07-19, 9:36 AM | Message # 45
Lieutenant colonel
I have corrected that now. And I got a basic lightning effect working now. It's not perfect, but for now it will suffice. biggrin

Message edited by Apache_Thunder - Monday, 2010-07-19, 9:36 AM

Forum » Battlefield heroes » General Chat » Battlefield Heroes'42 (A total conversion mod that ports BFHeroes to BF1942!!)
Search:

Statistics Forum
Recent Posts Readable topic Top Users New User
  • [mod] Dedicated Servers
  • [community] make me a mod
  • Battlefield Heroes'42
  • so close on getting a chopper ...
  • [TUTORIAL] How to start moddin...
  • Mods, Caught on Tape/Screensho...
  • Battlefield Heroes'42
  • [TUTORIAL] How to make custom ...
  • My mods
  • how to add new buildings?
  • Apache_Thunder
  • McFluff
  • SgtColbert
  • Philly
  • Conorman
  • Dutchassasin
  • Mrtn
  • Solidsnail
  • wakamonkey
  • SwiftGreen
  • sins42491
  • wildstrawberryteam
  • lfsmods
  • vicky5522kumar
  • vicky918643
  • logannwrights
  • mopsalbertovic
  • alizartash2022
  • jacobanke96
  • Sabi
  • Based on the game Battlefield Heroes By Electronic Arts™ and DICE™ | By using this website you agree to our Tearms Of Use
    Some images are taken from JW Renders, check it outs it has some cool stuff. Some translations provided by uCause.esigned by CENTROARTS