BFHModsBFHeroes 42
RSS

Get Adobe Flash player

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Chubby  
Forum » Battlefield heroes » Battlefield Heroes moding » Making renders from the heroes
Making renders from the heroes
LittleDate: Friday, 2011-04-08, 2:21 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Hey, I recently asked PvtJokerr how he made stuff like:

And got directed to this place. Now I got 3Ds Max 9 and downloaded Poe plug-in.

But I have no idea how I get to see the hero. What I want is just to be able to see the hero in 3D, change his outfit (with different clothing items) and change his position.

What I'm doing currently is BF2 > BF2 Utilities > For Mesh Importer I choose the file british_male_commando.con / for Skeleton Importer I use the file british_male_soldier.ske

What I get then is this: http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6726/magwegz.png

And when I'm able to make renders of heroes I wanna be able to animate them and let one walk like the guy does at 2:19 in this trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z1pFYLgiXM

Anyway, I hope someone could help me out since I have no idea how to get the hero into 3Ds Max. Thanks in advance! smile

SgtColbertDate: Friday, 2011-04-08, 3:47 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant
Group: User CB
Awards: 8
Jokerr here. Here's a brief explanation on importing the soldier meshes to 3ds max, from another thread.
Quote (SgtColbert)
Yes, it's possible, but they won't be much of a help unless you skin them/weight the vertices. To import hands (or any other .skinnedesh file) extract Items_client.zip and Items_server.zip to the same folder (while keeping the folder structure*), find the folder of the item you want to import (bri_m_hands001 inside British folder in this case) open the .con file inside it (with a text editor, Notepad will do), and change SoldierMeshItem to SkinnedMesh**, save. BF2 utilities => Mesh Importer, import the .con file. Model should appear in max. It will be cut in few objects, so attach them and weld the vertices. Now you have to skin it. Just google skinning/weighting vertices in 3ds max or check 3ds User Guide.

* - If you did it right there should be a .con file Meshes folder inside bri_m_hands001, and a .skinnedmesh file inside Meshes
** - unmodified .con file looks like this

Code
GeometryTemplate.create SoldierMeshItem BRI_M_Hands001
geometryTemplate.itemType CIT_Hands

ObjectTemplate.create KitPart BRI_M_Hands001
ObjectTemplate.geometry BRI_M_Hands001

Modded should look like this
Code
GeometryTemplate.create SkinnedMesh BRI_M_Hands001
geometryTemplate.itemType CIT_Hands

ObjectTemplate.create KitPart BRI_M_Hands001
ObjectTemplate.geometry BRI_M_Hands001

Also, you can use the bodyWELDED_skin.max for animating the royals as well, it's gonna be a little bit off, but just a little, so unless you're doing some really accurate animation it shouldn't matter.

After you get the models in max you need the texture of course. They're fairly easy to find, since they're in folders using names similar to the model's. e.g. for a model named ger_m_chestitem035, the texture is in ger_c_chestitem035_peacock01.
Here's some info about skinning:
http://www.kxcad.net/autodes....er.html
Oh, and you're using 3ds max 2009, not 9. There's a huge difference, and I'm not sure if the mesh importing works for 2009

Message edited by SgtColbert - Friday, 2011-04-08, 3:52 PM

LittleDate: Friday, 2011-04-08, 5:30 PM | Message # 3
Private
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Alright I tried editing the .con files but it didn't show up. Apparently 2009 isn't working with the Poe plug-in from 9 so I'm currently downloading 3Ds Max 9.

Will tell you how it went.

Added (2011-04-08, 5:30 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Ok, I got 3Ds Max 9 but it still isn't showing up.

I've made a video of what I'm doing etc: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Ms280n_qw

hopefully you are able to help me out smile

SgtColbertDate: Friday, 2011-04-08, 5:56 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
Group: User CB
Awards: 8
You need to extract items_server.zip and items_client.zip to the same folder. The way you did it, you've got separate folder for for each archive.
Like so
Step 1

Step 2

Added (2011-04-08, 5:56 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Shit, I mean Extract Here in the step 2. My bad.

Message edited by SgtColbert - Friday, 2011-04-08, 5:52 PM

Forum » Battlefield heroes » Battlefield Heroes moding » Making renders from the heroes
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Statistics Forum
Recent Posts Readable topic Top Users New User
  • [mod] Dedicated Servers
  • [community] make me a mod
  • Battlefield Heroes'42
  • so close on getting a chopper ...
  • [TUTORIAL] How to start moddin...
  • Mods, Caught on Tape/Screensho...
  • Battlefield Heroes'42
  • [TUTORIAL] How to make custom ...
  • My mods
  • how to add new buildings?
  • Apache_Thunder
  • McFluff
  • SgtColbert
  • Philly
  • Conorman
  • Dutchassasin
  • Mrtn
  • Solidsnail
  • wakamonkey
  • SwiftGreen
  • sins42491
  • wildstrawberryteam
  • lfsmods
  • vicky5522kumar
  • vicky918643
  • logannwrights
  • mopsalbertovic
  • alizartash2022
  • jacobanke96
  • Sabi
  • Based on the game Battlefield Heroes By Electronic Arts™ and DICE™ | By using this website you agree to our Tearms Of Use
    Some images are taken from JW Renders, check it outs it has some cool stuff. Some translations provided by uCause.esigned by CENTROARTS