BFHModsBFHeroes 42
RSS

Get Adobe Flash player

• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Chubby  
Forum » Battlefield heroes » Battlefield Heroes moding » Battlefield Heroes'2 (Ported BFH into BF2 now. :D)
Battlefield Heroes'2
Apache_ThunderDate: Friday, 2010-10-29, 5:58 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Administrators
Awards: 0
I just finished porting the maps to BF2 and have them running in their own mod. Most of the BFH content was kept intact for the most part. Only things not ported right now is vehicles, handweapons/items, and the soldiers.

The mod just needs some cosmetic fixes. I have gone as far as I can go with this mod given my limited BF2 modding knowledge and would invite someone better at BF2 modding to come along and fix it up for me. biggrin

Also, all the night maps CTD after clicking the Ready/Join game button after map load. I haven't found a fix for this either and will be up to whomever decides to pick up this mod.

Videos:

Menu+Seaside Skirmish:

Victory Village with bots: (AI was done by Winterhill, I do not know how to add bots to BF2 maps so I don't plan to add ai to any more maps unless someone else does them)

Riverside Rush + Alpine Assault:

As you can see there are still a few minor bugs like flickering black spots on the terrain and the soldier spawns need to be adjusted. (the paradrop spawns should probably be removed)

So I invite anyone to pick up this mod and fix it up. I'm sure it will be quite enjoyable once all the issues are worked out. biggrin

Download Link:

bfheroesBF2.rar

Enjoy! biggrin

Added (2010-10-29, 5:58 Am)
---------------------------------------------
If anyone out there is checking this out, here's another update. I got ai in a few maps on my own now that I have figured out how to navmesh BF2 maps! biggrin

Here's Midnight Mayham with BF2 bots in all her glory!

The download link has been updated. So redownload to get newest version. Maps with singleplayer support so far:

Riverside Rush (crashes midgame, stay away from this one in singleplayer for now)
Midnight Mayham
Victory Village

Along with Dnamro from BFSP, I am working on navmeshing the other maps. I have doing Buccanneer Bay now. Seaside Skirmish is being done by Dnamro. biggrin

Message edited by Apache_Thunder - Friday, 2010-10-22, 4:11 AM

McFluffDate: Saturday, 2010-10-30, 11:11 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant colonel
Awards: 1
Awesome. happy

But can't you mod the menu so it would even more like the bfh one? Oh and are the player HP defult..?

Apache_ThunderDate: Saturday, 2010-10-30, 11:29 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant colonel
Yes currently the mod still used the vanilla BF2 handweapons and damage system. I will look into how BF2's menu is set up. I might not be able to modify it as extensively as I did with BFH42. Only time will tell. biggrin

b00stedDate: Monday, 2010-11-01, 5:27 AM | Message # 4
Private
Group: Users
your stuff is quite amazing and I always look forward to your vids

SolidsnailDate: Monday, 2010-11-01, 6:11 PM | Message # 5
Sergeant
Group: User CB
That is awesome! Might gonna use the freecam in Bf2 in the bfh maps for getting that film feelin

Added (2010-11-01, 6:11 PM)
---------------------------------------------
That is awesome! Might gonna use the freecam in Bf2 in the bfh maps for getting that film feelin

Apache_ThunderDate: Wednesday, 2010-11-03, 10:23 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant colonel
I'm uploading a new build now. It will feature new night maps EA never made officially. Video showing off two of the new night maps. (Riverside Rush was also converted to night map)

Also new is that the road signs are now destructable. I also set the wreck hitpoints for soldiers to 0.01. This effectively disables the revive feature. wink

McFluffDate: Sunday, 2010-11-07, 3:13 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant colonel
Awards: 1
Too bad that the windows dont glow...

Apache_ThunderDate: Sunday, 2010-11-07, 7:38 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant colonel
Yeah. The window glow objects don't seem to "glow" as much as they did in BFH. So I didn't bother adding them to the new night maps as they are barely noticeable in BF2 anyway. sad

Forum » Battlefield heroes » Battlefield Heroes moding » Battlefield Heroes'2 (Ported BFH into BF2 now. :D)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Statistics Forum
Recent Posts Readable topic Top Users New User
  • [mod] Dedicated Servers
  • [community] make me a mod
  • Battlefield Heroes'42
  • so close on getting a chopper ...
  • [TUTORIAL] How to start moddin...
  • Mods, Caught on Tape/Screensho...
  • Battlefield Heroes'42
  • [TUTORIAL] How to make custom ...
  • My mods
  • how to add new buildings?
  • Apache_Thunder
  • McFluff
  • SgtColbert
  • Philly
  • Conorman
  • Dutchassasin
  • Mrtn
  • Solidsnail
  • wakamonkey
  • SwiftGreen
  • sins42491
  • wildstrawberryteam
  • lfsmods
  • vicky5522kumar
  • vicky918643
  • logannwrights
  • mopsalbertovic
  • alizartash2022
  • jacobanke96
  • Sabi
  • Based on the game Battlefield Heroes By Electronic Arts™ and DICE™ | By using this website you agree to our Tearms Of Use
    Some images are taken from JW Renders, check it outs it has some cool stuff. Some translations provided by uCause.esigned by CENTROARTS