• »
Forum moderator: Apache_Thunder  
Forum » Battlefield heroes 2 » Announcements » Battlefield Heroes'2
Battlefield Heroes'2
Apache_ThunderDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-02, 1:13 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Administrators
Awards: 0
I'm not the first to port BFH maps into BF2. but perhaps the first to port them all and add singleplayer to most of them. biggrin

This mod so far features all the maps and singleplayer working on a few of them. (Singleplayer available on Victory Village, Midnight Mayhem, Buccaneer Bay (and night), Riverside Rush, and Coastal Clash (and night)

Videos:

Download Link:

bfheroesBF2.rar

Things like soldiers, vehicles, and handweapons aren't ported yet. Unless someone pitches in help on this mod, those things may take a long time before I can get them in. BF2 modding isn't as simple as BF1942 was. sad

The vehicles will basically have to be rebuilt in-order to work in BF2.

I'll update the link whenever I upload a new version.

XsearDate: Sunday, 2010-11-21, 2:02 AM | Message # 2
Private
Group: Users
Hm, I tried to run Singleplayer Riverside Rush, but crashed at Textures.
Any ideas?
I went back and added the mod folder to my clean installation backup (the main one is a bit messed up with all the editor and heroes modding and crashes instantly), so I was thinking I might need to patch? :O

EDIT: Nvm, it works after patching.

Wingclipped Michinimo! biggrin

Flippin awesome! biggrin
I'm off to try VV Night biggrin

Message edited by Xsear - Sunday, 2010-11-21, 2:28 AM

Apache_ThunderDate: Sunday, 2010-11-21, 7:56 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant colonel
lol yes the most recent update to the build was the fix to the planes. Right now I'm in the process of fixing the tank's collision meshes. After words you will no longer take excessive damage from driving them around. (Is the result of a poorly designed col1 mesh. Fail courtesy of EA/DICE)

GuestDate: Wednesday, 2010-12-15, 10:35 PM | Message # 4
Group: Guests

Thanks for the Update, Enjoy your work. Thanks Again Rob2512 (YouTube Friend)

Apache_ThunderDate: Thursday, 2010-12-16, 3:32 AM | Message # 5
Lieutenant colonel
Moved my post above to the BFH'42 section. Seems I have accidentally posted it in the wrong place. :P Nonetheless I did update the BF2 mod a couple days ago. (it will always use the same link, so just redownload from same link to get newest version).

Apache_ThunderDate: Thursday, 2010-12-16, 7:25 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant colonel
Update:

Finally figured out how to lightmap BF2 maps in 3DSMax. So I used the lightsources from my night conversion of Riverside Rush in the BF1942 version of the mod in the BF2 version. Main difference is that it looks better. BF2 allows for more control over the color of the lightmaps.

In particular, the light sources are on a separate color channel while sky and sun light sources are separate. This allows me to control the color of the light sources without altering the color of other things like the ambient color and such. Overall result is better looking. biggrin

Only downside is that it takes 3 or more times longer then what it took to render the lightmaps for BF1942. Because BF2's retarded lod system requires separate lightmaps for every lod of a static. Not only does this take up more memory, it slows the rendering process down since each lod has to be lightmapped separately thus increasing the rendering time. Most statics in BFH have at least 3 or more lods to them. sad

BF1942 however tends to use the same lightmap on all lods in a mesh. Except when the object uses a special lod system that doesn't exist in BF2 anymore. When it uses a special lod object with a lod selector, it can replace an entire mesh with a different mesh when a certain distance is reached. Most commonly used in vehicles to present a lower detailed mesh at a distance. BF1942's mesh files are very different then BF2. They store the collision mesh in the same file as the visible mesh and all child objects on a PCO or bundle must have their own mesh file. They are not all stored in single mesh files like in BF2. wink

BF42 meshes can have multiple lod meshes in the same mesh file like BF2, however they all usually share the same lightmap channel uvmap. Thus requiring only one lightmap per static. You would think EA would have been smart enough to code BF2 to just use the main lod's lightmap on all the other lods for a static, but they just had to make it harder on us 3DS Max folks. :P

i always get an errorDate: Sunday, 2010-12-19, 2:21 AM | Message # 7

i always get an error saying that it cant start cuz it doesnt have..well idk the file but it ends with .FX, but this is just the updated version of BF2.

Any help please?

Apache_ThunderDate: Sunday, 2010-12-19, 11:00 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant colonel
You haven't installed the mod or BF2 correctly. It means the shaders_client.zip file for your BF2 game is missing or something went wrong when you installed the mod.

GuestDate: Tuesday, 2011-01-25, 8:50 PM | Message # 9

Hi Apache, found error latest January version BF2 Heroes, ger_plane_messerschmitt.tweak, in "ger_plane_messerschmitt_WingDriver02"
Reads:
rem -----------------------------------------------------------------
ObjectTemplate.hasMobilePhysics 0
ObjectTemplate.aiTemplate messerPassenger_AI
rem -------------------------------------

Should Read:
rem -----------------------------------------------------------------
ObjectTemplate.hasMobilePhysics 0
ObjectTemplate.aiTemplate PlanePassenger
rem -------------------------------------
Do not know if you already corrected, I tested and now no error with correction and two riders allowed. Later, Rob

Apache_ThunderDate: Wednesday, 2011-01-26, 8:01 AM | Message # 10
Lieutenant colonel
Thanks for pointing this out. I had consolidated some redundent AI code and must have forgot to update that line. The correction will be included in the next build. biggrin

Apache_ThunderDate: Wednesday, 2011-04-13, 0:35 AM | Message # 11
Lieutenant colonel
Working on porting over the Easter Egg widgets. Here's how it looks so far:

Still needs some work done. Namely, HUD icons, damage reduction/removal, and the collision material fixed. :P

XsearDate: Wednesday, 2011-04-13, 9:56 AM | Message # 12
Private
Nice biggrin

GuestDate: Monday, 2011-04-25, 10:26 PM | Message # 13

i am so surprised you still don't work for them lol

Modding_learnDate: Friday, 2011-06-24, 12:43 PM | Message # 14
Sergeant
i'm gonna install this biggrin thanks

Added (2011-06-24, 12:43 PM)
---------------------------------------------
How do i install this? just place it in de bf2 map?

Apache_ThunderDate: Monday, 2011-08-15, 11:30 PM | Message # 15
Lieutenant colonel
The bfheroes folder goes to the mods folder of your BF2 game. wink

Also I have updated the mod build and it should now include the Easter Eggs from BFheroes and a few other tweaks. No Wicked Wake yet as I have yet to port that map to BF2. I might not be able to find the time to do that now due to my job and other things going on in my life now. sad

Forum » Battlefield heroes 2 » Announcements » Battlefield Heroes'2
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Statistics Forum
Recent Posts Readable topic Top Users New User
  • [mod] Dedicated Servers
  • [community] make me a mod
  • Battlefield Heroes'42
  • so close on getting a chopper ...
  • [TUTORIAL] How to start moddin...
  • Mods, Caught on Tape/Screensho...
  • Battlefield Heroes'42
  • [TUTORIAL] How to make custom ...
  • My mods
  • how to add new buildings?
  • Apache_Thunder
  • McFluff
  • SgtColbert
  • Philly
  • Conorman
  • Dutchassasin
  • Mrtn
  • Solidsnail
  • wakamonkey
  • SwiftGreen
  • sins42491
  • wildstrawberryteam
  • lfsmods
  • vicky5522kumar
  • vicky918643
  • logannwrights
  • mopsalbertovic
  • alizartash2022
  • jacobanke96
  • Sabi
  • Based on the game Battlefield Heroes By Electronic Arts™ and DICE™ | By using this website you agree to our Tearms Of Use
    Some images are taken from JW Renders, check it outs it has some cool stuff. Some translations provided by uCause.esigned by CENTROARTS