• »
Forum moderator: Apache_Thunder  
Forum » Battlefield heroes 42' » Announcements » Battlefield Heroes'42
Battlefield Heroes'42
Apache_ThunderDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-02, 1:20 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Administrators
Awards: 0
Ever wanted to play BFheroes in first person? Ever wanted to free your self from the shackles of EA's tyranny?

Well this mod is for you! I started work on this mod in December of last year and a few months back had finished the first vehicle map. Now the mod has 10 maps including the newest one Midnight Mayham. My nightmaps also have advanced lighting like windows and streetlights casting light onto other objects. Something that hasn't been done in the real game due to lazy EA devs....

Anyways here are some of my videos that show the development of this mod:

Features:

1. All vehicles ported.
2. All maps since 1.25 update ported.
3. Jetpacks ported.
4. Most standard issue handweapons ported. No supers/dappers yet.
5. Features TurboJet and RippinRocket customization items for jetpack kits on Midnight Mayham. All weapons and items found in this mod are free and do not require purchase of any kind!
6. Features a modified HUD to look like the real game and sound effects too!
7. Soldier meshes not yet ported. Need someone good in vertex skinning to help me on this before I can get the soldier meshes working.
8. Doesn't lag as much as the real game. biggrin
9. Many other things to long to fit in this post.

Download Links:

Primary Link:

bfheroes42_v1_9.exe

Dedicated Server Files:

bfheroes42_ServerFiles_v1_9.rar

v1.9 Change Log:

1. Updated ContentCRC32
2. Updated version string shown in main menu.
3. Fixed Ai for grenades/grenade spam/Kegs. Bots should now use these weapons more.
4. Fixed coding on ejected shell for sniper rifles. 3p shell casing remains on the map infinitly. It is supposed to disappear after 10 seconds like the rest of the shell effects.
5. Added RemoveAtRestart code to all scrap pieces. They will no longer remain on the map after a round ends/restarts.
6. Tweaked AA projectile so it will detonate near aircraft more often.
7. Lowered sound radius of Troop Trap beeps. Should be less annoying when multiple TT are in one area. :P
8. Added night conversion of Victory Village. Also has new weather FX. (rain with lightning).
9. Added scrolling clouds effect for night conversion of Victory Village.
10. New stormy ambient sound for Victory Village Nights.
11. Added Alpine Assault map to the mod. biggrin
12. 12 new objects ported for use in the new Alpine Assault map.
13. Added autumn texture alternate path for Riverside Rush. Some buildings use the autumn textures for this map now.
14. Added new woodland textures as woodland alternate path for a couple buildings used in Alpine Assault.
15. Increased damage a tad on all handweapons vs soldiers.

Requirements:

1. Battlefield 1942 v1.61b
2. Last version of Punkbuster for online play
3. No other mods required to run this mod!

Because this is not a mod for BFheroes and is a mod for BF1942 (an older game engine which BF2/BF2142/BFheroes are based off from), I put it here instead of the modding section.

Version 1.9 features Alpine Assault and a night conversion of Victory Village with epic rain effects biggrin

Updates to the mod will be posted here! Check back every now and then to get the latest version!

Apache_ThunderDate: Monday, 2010-11-29, 1:33 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant colonel
Been a while since my last update to this mod, but I haven't stopped working on it.

Working on porting the winter maps now. I finally get to use my snow FX that was laying dormant in the coding files. biggrin

Video of Coastal Clash Winter:

I've added a bit of randomness to the snow fall direction to make it more realistic. It looks nice thus far and beats the hell out of BF2's attempt at snow FX. It looks like crap in BF2. (due to emiters choking and not emitting the snow consistently)

I've added clouds and extra christmas lights that EA was too lazy to add. biggrin

XsearDate: Monday, 2010-11-29, 3:59 AM | Message # 3
Private
Group: Users
Quote (Apache_Thunder)
Video of Coastal Clash Winter:

Oh, sweet. biggrin
Love the Christmas lighting. biggrin

McFluffDate: Monday, 2010-11-29, 10:19 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant colonel
Awards: 1
Haha, nice. And i just love the music.

Apache_ThunderDate: Friday, 2010-12-03, 10:14 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant colonel
Just finished another night conversion:

biggrin

McFluffDate: Sunday, 2010-12-05, 2:22 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant colonel
Looks nice, but it seems like the player models get a bit too dark at some points.

Apache_ThunderDate: Monday, 2010-12-06, 11:25 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant colonel
There's a single line of code that controls that. Should be an easy fix. biggrin

UPDATE:

Here's a WIP of the Royal soldier finally ported to BF1942! I've FINALLY got a custom soldier mesh working!

Mind you, this is the pre-closed beta soldier mesh. The current soldier mesh system being used by BFHeroes is too complex and broken into too many pieces to be usable in BF1942. So I plan to use the older meshes instead. I will then port over some customization items to go with the new soldier meshes.

The kit parts will be redesigned. Backpacks and helmets/face masks will be added via the normal kitpart system. Everything else like belts, boots, wrist items (and maybe gloves later on) will be vertex skinned and addtemplated directly to the soldier via random geometry code. This stands the best chance of adding some variety to soldier appearance ingame while maintaining a bit of control of the player over some of the appearance items he can spawn with. The Turbo Jet and Rippen Rocket kits for example will retain their face masks and backpack parts at all times the kit is being equipped.

I do plan to port the monkey, parrot, and the eagle at some point.

This mesh is still a WIP. The knee joint and elbows need to be smoothed out a bit, but it's not bad given that it's the first custom rigged soldier mesh I've ever done. Once the minor joint issues are fixed, this should at least be as good as a vanilla soldier mesh in terms of animation quality. I've had to modify the mesh a bit to fit the vanilla BF1942 soldier skeleton. (doing a new skeleton or porting the one from BFH would require redoing ALL the animations and I don't plan to do this as it is overkill). I might also need to adjust the collision settings since the head is a bit larger/higher up then the vanilla head was.

Also note that the national mesh is identicle except for the texture. So the royal mesh, once completed, will simply be copied and have different textures assigned to make it National. (with appropriate kit parts and child objects to match)

McFluffDate: Tuesday, 2010-12-07, 8:57 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant colonel
Very Impresive. But the skin tone is a bit too light imo you should make it a bit darker.

b00stedDate: Tuesday, 2010-12-07, 11:17 PM | Message # 9
Private
this is awesome.. getting closer and closer to me not playing bfh lol

Apache_ThunderDate: Tuesday, 2010-12-07, 11:37 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant colonel
I'm nearly done. I just have to fix the pesky right hand. The thumb gets crushed for some reason. I found the problem and fixed it. (the base of the thumb has a bone and it was supposed to have 25% control over some vertexes near the next joint. I had done this with the left hand but forgot to do it to the right hand. This is probably why the thumb was getting really skinny. :P)

After this I will begin porting in the basic items like a few belts, helmets and stuff to replace the vanilla kit parts which won't look good on the new soldier mesh. biggrin

The skin seems fine to me given that this mesh is not the one currently used in BFH. It's the same size and build as the current mesh, so customization items should still be compatible. I feel this should give my mod a bit of uniqueness by having a slight difference from the real game. biggrin

Also, in theory I could rig this mesh to the BF2 skeleton and make it work in BF2. But that's a whole other project to tackle, so I don't do that just yet. I could try and grab some of the parts from the current BFH mesh (they are broken into parts and found in the Items archive) and try and piece it together and make it work in BF2. The reason I won't do this for BF1942 is that the mesh is likely going to be too high in the poly count for BF42 to handle. Plus I had already put a lot of work in the current mesh and don't want to start over. :P

b00stedDate: Thursday, 2010-12-09, 11:47 PM | Message # 11
Private
tbh I am a bit more excited for the bf2 port of it all but this is still pretty amazing to say the least. have you taken a look at any of the BF:P4F stuff yet? looks to be same structure as heroes.

Apache_ThunderDate: Friday, 2010-12-10, 5:23 AM | Message # 12
Lieutenant colonel
Yes however at the moment it is too close to what BF2 was for me to consider porting any of it. There is a mod for BF1942 called "BF242" that ports BF2 stuff in. It wasn't my creation though. It was a spin off from the SuperDC mod.

I tweaked the damage system, supply drops, and ported some BF2 vehicles and a map. BF2's statics use a second channel in the UVMap for a detail layer. The same applies to the BFP4F game. So as a result they will not look correct in BF1942 because BF1942 does not support a second UVMap texture. It only supports chl1 for the main texture and chl3 for the lightmap channel.

Update:

Finally finished porting over some customization items. The new soldier meshes and such are pretty much done for the most part.

This will be included in version 2.0 which I hope to release by Christmas. biggrin

Apache_ThunderDate: Thursday, 2010-12-16, 0:52 AM | Message # 13
Lieutenant colonel
V2.0 ready! Try out the new soldiers and winter maps! biggrin

Download Link:
BFHeroes42_v2_0.exe

Server Files:
bfheroes42_ServerFiles_v2_0.rar

Changes in v2.0:

1. Updated ContentCRC32.
2. Added two new winter maps.
3. Added two new ambient effects. The Christmas lights used in BFH.
4. Modified Snow FX for winter maps. (specifically, modified the e_HeavySnow effect)
5. Updated Battlecraft files (will be released separately)
6. Added winter versions of most house buildings with Christmas lights added via random geometry code.
7. Added Winter alternate texture path in Textures RFA.
8. Regenerated lightmaps and redid lightmap palette for Victory Village Nights. Shouldn't be too dark now. biggrin
9. Made some corrections to various AI coding on maps.
10. Redid all skydome meshes.
11. Added Night conversion of Riverside Rush.
12. Finally ported over BFH Soldier meshes. (they are the older closed beta ones though)
13. Completely overhauled Kits. Customization items like backpacks, belt items, and such will all be rigged to the soldier skeleton and addTemplated to the soldier instead of the kits.
14. RippinRocket and TurboJet kits will have separate soldier meshes with limited selection of items to prevent conflicts.
15. All kits no longer have kit parts. Instead they will be addtemplated to the soldier via random geometry code. The main benefit is they will remain on the soldier after death.
16. Added many more customization items to go with the new soldiers. Parrot and Monkey pets also ported. biggrin
17. Fixed StrategicAreas for all maps. Should help bots cap flags better.

Apache_ThunderDate: Monday, 2011-02-07, 4:11 AM | Message # 14
Lieutenant colonel
v2.5 is ready! Added a night conversion of Alpine Assault and a winter conversion of Midnight Mayhem among some other changes.

Download Link:
BFHeroes42_v2_5.exe

Server Files:
BFheroes_v2_5_ServerFiles.rar

Changes in v2.5:

1. Updated ContentCRC32.
2. Disabled Prone. As a side affect, bots are more aggressive now.
3. Made small tweaks to AI behavior wieghts.
4. Added winter version of Midnight Mayhem.
5. Reload animations for RPGs finally fixed. The rocket now shows properly in the soldier's left hand during reload.
6. Corrected crosshair for planes. Planes now use the correct crosshair that was used in the real game.
7. More HUD changes. Changed minimap frame, weapon bar appearence, vehicle health icon position, etc.
8. Ball widget moved to commando kits. Wrench added to Soldier class.
9. Invisible tracers added to rapid fire weapons to reduce lag. (Bullet Flyby sound effect moved to the tracer templates)
10. Re-animated the creek texture to make it more smooth.
11. Altered JetPack behavior to function more like the BFH jetpacks.
12. Changed sound effects for the Jetpack to use the BFH ones.
13. Redid minimap of Riverside Rush.
14. Redid minimap for Riverside Rush Nights and hand edited lightmaps to improve uniformity of lit windows.
15. Added night conversion of Alpine Assault.
16. Added winter conversion of Midnight Mayhem.
17. Edited lightmaps of Victory Village Nights to make the windows more uniformly lit.

Modding_learnDate: Wednesday, 2011-03-02, 9:23 PM | Message # 15
Sergeant
Quote (Apache_Thunder)
v2.5 is ready! Added a night conversion of Alpine Assault and a winter conversion of Midnight Mayhem among some other changes.
Download Link:
BFHeroes42_v2_5.exe
Server Files:
BFheroes_v2_5_ServerFiles.rar

Link doesn't work anymore dry And a Question: How do i know what version battlefield '42 i have?? Beacause i download it wink

-Thanks, Modding_learn (Goosert on BFH) (Santhemask on Youtube)

Forum » Battlefield heroes 42' » Announcements » Battlefield Heroes'42
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Statistics Forum
Recent Posts Readable topic Top Users New User
  • [mod] Dedicated Servers
  • [community] make me a mod
  • Battlefield Heroes'42
  • so close on getting a chopper ...
  • [TUTORIAL] How to start moddin...
  • Mods, Caught on Tape/Screensho...
  • Battlefield Heroes'42
  • [TUTORIAL] How to make custom ...
  • My mods
  • how to add new buildings?
  • Apache_Thunder
  • McFluff
  • SgtColbert
  • Philly
  • Conorman
  • Dutchassasin
  • Mrtn
  • Solidsnail
  • wakamonkey
  • SwiftGreen
  • sins42491
  • wildstrawberryteam
  • lfsmods
  • vicky5522kumar
  • vicky918643
  • logannwrights
  • mopsalbertovic
  • alizartash2022
  • jacobanke96
  • Sabi
  • Based on the game Battlefield Heroes By Electronic Arts™ and DICE™ | By using this website you agree to our Tearms Of Use
    Some images are taken from JW Renders, check it outs it has some cool stuff. Some translations provided by uCause.esigned by CENTROARTS