BFHModsBFHeroes 42
RSS

Get Adobe Flash player

Forum moderator: Chubby  
Forum » Battlefield heroes » Battlefield Heroes moding » [mod] Dedicated Servers
[mod] Dedicated Servers
PhillyDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-29, 2:07 AM | Message # 16
Lieutenant
Group: News Editor
Awards: 0
hm, well i wont risk my account which i spent about 300$ on, so will we get a perm ban from the account? or just a lil' 3 days ban?

SolidsnailDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-29, 2:09 AM | Message # 17
Sergeant
Group: User CB
forum ban? Idk what happend to strads?

PhillyDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-29, 2:16 AM | Message # 18
Lieutenant
Group: News Editor
im pretty sure his whole account got banned, but its mostly because how should people find out? i mean we can just make a new alt account, so friends can't join, right? and make sure no1 is filming so it can be a proof that we modded this.

Helicopter_AmbulanceDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-29, 4:27 AM | Message # 19
Sergeant
Group: Users
would be sweet to get it going, playing tutorial gets lonely sad tongue

Message edited by Helicopter_Ambulance - Tuesday, 2010-06-29, 4:27 AM

Apache_ThunderDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-29, 8:36 AM | Message # 20
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Administrators
I still believe this project is fatally flawed. Your using the BF2 and/or BF2142 dedicated server exe to run BFH and have BFheroes clients connect to it. (that is what your wanting to do right?).

This will NOT work! The BFheroes engine is based off the BF2142 engine but differs greatly in terms of some network code and physics. Thus trying to get a BFheroes client to connect to a BF2142 server running the BFheroes mod WILL NEVER WORK...PERIOD!!!

However if you ported BFheores to BF2142 and had BF2142 clients connect to BF2142 servers running the BFheroes mod you ported...then that will work out fine!

I'm no programmer but modding server files for BF1942 and dealing with network issues and stuff has led to me to know that two differently coded game engines can never network together. It's like trying grow oranges on an apple tree. It just won't work out. Unless your an elite DNA scientist that can cross breed trees to grow apples and oranges on the same tree. :P

So perhaps a lot of hacks to the server EXE could make things work. But the programmer knowledge required to do that would be better used on hacking BFheroes exe to run in dedicated server mode. wink

Message edited by Apache_Thunder - Tuesday, 2010-06-29, 8:43 AM

SwiftGreenDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-29, 9:02 AM | Message # 21
Sergeant
Ok im really confused,
Is he saying that if it worked we could use all our mods (Choppers'n'Stuff) in a server that everyone here could join?

Apache_ThunderDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-29, 9:04 AM | Message # 22
Lieutenant colonel
If you could get the BFheroes exe to run in dedicated server mode and somehow manage to either join via the friend system, bookmark system, or play now system, then yes, your could join servers running mods and other neat stuff. :P

Quote (Solidsnail)
Helloandy have registered here, maybe he will turn us all in? I dont know, we usually dont get banned.

lol well I ported 90% of their game to BF1942. If anyone's getting banned I will probably be the first to go. :P

Banned or not I will not stop work on the mod until I have nothing left to port to it. biggrin

Message edited by Apache_Thunder - Tuesday, 2010-06-29, 9:09 AM

isselman2000Date: Tuesday, 2010-06-29, 11:30 AM | Message # 23
Private
Guys, how about this....

Instead of attempting the suicide mission that is trying to start a modded BFH server, how about we work on porting BFH maps into BF2142 or BF2, renting a modded server there, and then adding boats and helis to those maps? We could, for example, then be running a Coastal Clash BF2 server with helis and boats instead of jeeps, as well as any other tweaks we want.

DutchassasinDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-29, 11:31 AM | Message # 24
Sergeant
Group: Moderators
about that risk of being banned, why not make it unable for swedish people to register on this site. so no Ben allowed here

When im not online it doesnt mean im not watching you

isselman2000Date: Tuesday, 2010-06-29, 11:56 AM | Message # 25
Private
I ran into some problems trying to port BFH maps into BF2 a couple months ago, but I'm sure it's very possible. If not BF2, then definitely BF2142, since BFH is an even closer relative to it.

I'm sure Apache_Thunder could help us get started there, since he has done the almost imponderable job of porting BFH into 1942.

Added (2010-06-29, 11:56 Am)
---------------------------------------------
In any case, I've been able to port BF2 maps into BFH, so going backwards definitely shouldn't be impossible.

Message edited by isselman2000 - Tuesday, 2010-06-29, 11:41 AM

McFluffDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-29, 12:09 PM | Message # 26
Lieutenant colonel
Awards: 1
Quote (Solidsnail)
Helloandy have registered here, maybe he will turn us all in? I dont know, we usually dont get banned.

He actually hasn't registered he just commented as a guest,if any actions are taken by them i will be sure to IP ban them.

Quote (|TDD|Philly)
im pretty sure his whole account got banned, but its mostly because how should people find out? i mean we can just make a new alt account, so friends can't join, right? and make sure no1 is filming so it can be a proof that we modded this.

They only got my alternative account "BFHMods", i still have my maim.

matthijsDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-29, 1:27 PM | Message # 27
Sergeant
I registered here not with my real bfh name, because i spent 60 euros on it and i dont want to get banned, but isselman how do you do that?? im busy with porting a bf2 map to bfh but it always crash... sad

wakamonkeyDate: Wednesday, 2010-06-30, 9:27 PM | Message # 28
Sergeant
i registered with meh real name but getting banned is somthing i always get a perma isnt gonna be much... only spent about 20 dollars on my game anyway..

matthijsDate: Wednesday, 2010-06-30, 9:46 PM | Message # 29
Sergeant
Quote (wakamonkey)
i registered with meh real name but getting banned is somthing i always get

Do you get banned that much?! I'm banned only 1 time because of forum spamming...

McFluffDate: Friday, 2010-07-02, 2:04 PM | Message # 30
Lieutenant colonel
Awards: 1
I think that a dedicated server should be made, and any one who i worried that EA/DICE will go crazy over it, i have to say that you could get free servers for battlefield 2 without paying and as far as i know none of those people were sued. And besides when was the last time when someone got sued over making mods for game. But if you are worried that someone will ban you for it, they can't because Dev's wont get in to the forums and even if they will you can just say that someone made an account with your username. If anyone wants to change their forum name you can do it here: http://bfhmods.ucoz.com/forum/4-5-1

If anyone is still making a dedicated server i encourage you to keep working.

Forum » Battlefield heroes » Battlefield Heroes moding » [mod] Dedicated Servers
Search:

Statistics Forum
Recent Posts Readable topic Top Users New User
  • [mod] Dedicated Servers
  • [community] make me a mod
  • Battlefield Heroes'42
  • so close on getting a chopper ...
  • [TUTORIAL] How to start moddin...
  • Mods, Caught on Tape/Screensho...
  • Battlefield Heroes'42
  • [TUTORIAL] How to make custom ...
  • My mods
  • how to add new buildings?
  • Apache_Thunder
  • McFluff
  • SgtColbert
  • Philly
  • Conorman
  • Dutchassasin
  • Mrtn
  • Solidsnail
  • wakamonkey
  • SwiftGreen
  • sins42491
  • wildstrawberryteam
  • lfsmods
  • vicky5522kumar
  • vicky918643
  • logannwrights
  • mopsalbertovic
  • alizartash2022
  • jacobanke96
  • Sabi
  • Based on the game Battlefield Heroes By Electronic Arts™ and DICE™ | By using this website you agree to our Tearms Of Use
    Some images are taken from JW Renders, check it outs it has some cool stuff. Some translations provided by uCause.esigned by CENTROARTS